Friday, May 31, 2013

Share the Link Love

Tammy from Daisy Yellow has been hosting an ongoing project called Share the Link Love. The brief: post a list of 5 links on any (or every) Friday to your favorite blogs or blog posts. I love this idea, especially because lately the trend has been less and less focus on blogs with more and more focus on other social media sites. And if your curious about this issue, please read my post from March 2013 about this shift -- along with the conversation it inspired in the 40-plus comments that resulted.


1. Mixed Media May: For the second year in a row, Cindy Jones Lantier has herself "shared the love" through her project called Mixed Media May. She interviews and spotlights a different mixed media artist nearly everyday throughout the month. Head on over and read all about it here.

2. Four Corners Design: I have had a chance to meet Amy Duncan twice, most recently in one of my workshops on Whidbey Island in Washington. She is as nice as she is creative. She has an incredible eye for design and her blog is filled to the brim with creative vignettes of her art, her home, and other visual gems.

3. Lost Coast Post: When I think of Michelle (Reuss) Remy's blog, I think of color, wit, whimsy, humor, and creativity. Not only does she share her clever journal pages and other artwork, she shares her process via tips, tutorials, and ideas.

4. Bicocacolors: This is the blog I go to anytime I need a visual fix of inspiration. Elena Nuez continues to post picture after picture of pure bliss. I say who needs Flickr, Tumblr, or Pinterest when you have Biocacolors? Check out her sidebar for a listing of many of her themed visual posts. Just a few of my many favorites include cachivaches, color, and papel.

5. Art Propelled: I imagine that Robyn Gordon's blog is already familiar to every one of my readers but I am including it here because after all these years, her posts still blow me away. She is not only a spectacular artist but she is an incredible curator, presenting post after post based on an unending stream of creative themes showcasing the art of others. She is all about sharing the link love!

10 comments:

Michelle Remy said...

Wow! I am so honored to be included in your link love list! Thank you for the mention and thank you for visiting my blog!

ArtPropelled said...

What a lovely surprise! Thanks so much for the kind words and for including my link in this post, Seth! I don't know how I missed your March post but I've just read it and all the comments. The trend does seem to be focusing more on other media sites but I still have blogging at the top of my list. Pinterest is not far behind. It's so addictive and can be quite a time waster! At the end of the day I still prefer to read something interesting and inspiring that keeps me motivated. It's great to be a part of such a creative community .... an art tribe... sharing art, sharing thoughts.

GalleryJuana said...

I enjoyed the links and inspiration this morning.

It was a joy to meet you and the other artists at your workshop on Whidbey Island. Your enthusiasm. encouragement, and knowledge made the workshop a wonderful learning and inspiring experience.

Caterina Giglio said...

love this idea Seth, and I will be sure to do this next friday... and gladly check out the new links that you listed... and I so agree about Robyn's blog... and don't know how I missed your post on blogging... but I will take a look...

Jo Murray said...

Great concept...and great links. I'd love to do this but lately have not been blogging as frequently due to other commitments. Will have to MAKE time...it's a worthwhile task.

Darlene K Campbell said...

HOORAY!!

Unknown said...

Great post. Loved these links.

Barbara L. said...

Thanks, Seth. My blog reading grows. Is that good or bad? Hmmmmm. But I loved these links.

Lynn Cohen said...

What a lovely idea. Fun to check out new (to me) blogs!

KellyCreates said...

A fantastic idea! And I did go back and read your post about Social Media. You seem to have a 'healthy' and upbeat attitude about it....thanks for sharing. Some days it can really get to me and I'd just like to chuck it all and hibernate offline indefinitely :)